Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Weekend Recap

My weekend was long, fun and relaxing! Sadly I was not able to snag as many photos as I would have liked to but needless to say we had a great time.
Friday. Eric took some guys from work out fishing. They caught a few which is great! After they met us at a local bar for some drinks. We had friends coming in from out of town that met us there when they got in. We had a few Rum Runners then off to bed for our early morning/all day long boat trip.





Saturday. 6AM we were on the boat and on our way out. Sadly I lost the first fish we had on but we caught a few more after that so they boys were still happy. It was pretty chilly out. It was only in the 70s so we laid out on the bow but we kept our dresses on. We ended up going in for a dip and everyone had their life jackets on because the water was a bit rough. Eric is like a 6 year old when it comes to jumping into water. He could do it over and over and over again and not get tired! Around 5PM we pulled back into the harbor and man were we tired.

Sunday. Eric and I both fell asleep at 8PM Saturday and slept till 8 the next morning! It felt so good to sleep in! We did a few chores around the house. We started brining stuff up from the basement. We pulled up some tubs and its starting to look pretty empty down there. We have a wet basement and if we are going to eventually sell our house we need to fix it. Eric and I are clearing everything out so that we can cut into the floor, install a membrane to catch the water, then the membrane will take it below the floor to the sump pump. It may sound like I know what I’m talking about but I don’t! hahaha I can’t figure out how the membrane takes the water under the floor instead of on top of it like it is now. Any who I’m excited that we are getting started on fixing it! Eric is super excited because if it’s nice down there he can do more work down there. We went grocery shopping then had dinner at our in-law’s house to catch up with them.

All in all it was a fun relaxing weekend! With this cold weather coming around I can’t wait to have more relaxing weekends at home with Eric. During the summer we are either out of town or we have visitors and I love the summer madness but after 3 straight months of it I’m excited for it to start calming down! J

 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! We alwways have super crazy summers.. there is just so many things to do! I am not ready for summer to end, but am looking forward to a calmer fall!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot remember the last time I slept 12 hours! What a great day and a good night's sleep. Ugh. I don't own a home yet and your basement is a good reason why:) I'm sure once it's fixed it will be awesome again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 12 hours of sleep! What I would give for that right now. I've been so busy that I can't even get 7 hours of sleep lately. Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete