Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Confessions....

My mind lately is constantly running. I pray that some days I can get a little break and just clear my head but it seems when my head is the clearest is when I'm the saddest. Thoughts for Thursday is very therapeutic for me to write my thoughts out.

....this past weekend was amazing because we spent it at home Eric, Em, Moose and I and enjoyed the weather, snuggled to keep warm, wrapped presents, stuffed our faces, went to church and just enjoys being together. I try to make every minute and make it count these days, now that I know just how quickly everything can be taken away.

....I'm absolutely dreading this coming weekend. My first Christmas without my Mom is going to be the hardest thing ever. Which makes me feel like a terrible Mom because I should be so excited to see Em on Christmas opening her first presents and enjoying every minute, but I just can't seem to find that joy just yet. I know having all the kids there will help, but I'm sure there will still be lots of tears.

....at my office Christmas party I won the big prize of two airline tickets anywhere in the US! I'm excited because this means my sister and I will be able to go on a vacation ANYWHERE for my 30th birthday next year! We have always wanted to go to New York! She's been there before but I haven't and I think it would be amazing but I'm also wondering if we should go somewhere with a beach and just relax for a few days. We are always up for suggestions of places to visit if you have any!

....last night I woke up with a terrible chest pains. I'm not sure if it was indigestion (which I never have) or something else.

....I'm definitely ready for it to be 2017. I have seen all the memes and funny pictures about 2016 kicking peoples asses and I couldn't relate...now I can!

...we sent out 79 Christmas cards this year. I ordered 80 so we got pretty lucky! I ordered them from Walgreens so I could have easily ordered more but glad I didn't have to!
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear you got a little time to snuggle that cutie pie this weekend and managed to stay warm! Sending love and prayers your way over the holidays, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey! Hope you and your new little family enjoy the first holiday together!

      Delete