Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thursday Confessions

http://lostbumblebee.blogspot.com/2016_05_01_archive.html


I wake up each morning and tell Emily it's a good day to have a good day! I think it helps to start the day off with a positive mindset vs a negative one.

//I've decided not to care as much about what people think of my family and I. I post things on FB and IG of my daughter and she isn't wearing a bow with an adorable matching outfit, or in the background the nursery looks a hot mess. Even in the clothes I wear....I now have the mentality that I loved it when I bought it so wear it! Who cares if a little fat roll is showing, or it's too loose or too tight. If I feel good in it that should be all that matters. If my daughter is comfortable and happy that's all that matters! I feel like I enjoy life wayyy more now that I'm more concerned with comfort and happiness rather then how others perceive me. If you would have told me I would have this mentality after having a child I would have thought you were crazy!

//I watched a few things on Netflix last night that really opened my eyes to a few things that slip all of our minds. Audrie & Daisy really opened my eyes now that I have a daughter! When I was in high school you knew it was happening to other people in the world but you never thought it could happen to you. We all thought we were invisible but that documentary shows that it is happening and it needs to stop! I also watched Extremis which opened my eyes to the idea of end of life care. It's better to decide for yourself how you want to me taken care of rather then put that burden on your family. Our financial advisor suggested 5 Wishes for Eric and I to fill out in the event something should happen to either of us. It's actually a really great idea that you can make the decision for yourself ahead of time so that when that time does come it's not upon your family to make that heavy decision.

//I'm excited for my birthday festivities this weekend! It's going to be filled with family and friends and shopping! :)

//New favorite song is Chicken Nuggets by Nick Bean...you can't be sad when you listen to this song! It literally makes me laugh and dance every time! There's also a song about Peanut Butter Jelly Time that makes me pretty happy! I guess I like songs about food! :)

//I'm trying this Potato Soup recipe tonight and I'm excited! I'm not the greatest cook but I'm willing to try!

Well that's really all that's happening at the moment. I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I know what I will be watching this week. I had to Google what Audrie and Daisy is and it looks incredibly eye-opening and heartbreaking. I know what you mean about caring a lot less now that you have a daughter. I feel like pregnancy itself has narrowed my vision to caring less about what the outside world thinks and more about loving and caring for my family and myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! When you become pregnant it's no longer about you it's about the little one!! I feel like its so liberating not care what other people think!

      Delete