Friday, September 16, 2016

I'm Back!!!

Hello!!! I'm back!

I doubt the blogging world even noticed that I left because I'm not sure anyone reads my silly little blog. However I'm glad to be back after a long hiatus! I can't promise that I'll be posting every day or even every other day but I'm going to do my best!

I'm off maternity leave and back in the office. Sad but also a bit exciting! I love being a mom, but being a stay at home mom is not for me. Maybe someday in the future but not right now. ** Mad props to all the stay at home moms though!** It's hard work being at home with a little one all day. I used to think it would be a breeze to stay home in your pj's and watch TV and do whatever you want whenever you want, but with a little one you're on their schedule. Also you can't take a break or turn it off because you're at home cleaning and being a mommy. When you go to work there is a clear separation between the two. When I was at home for the two months, my mind was 100% wrapped around the baby and the house and nothing else. That can definitely drive a person crazy. We are super blessed to have found a wonderful girl to stay at our house with Emily! Not having to pack her up and take her to a day care is the best thing in the whole world!

Emily is doing really well! She's sleeping a little bit longer through the night now. Maybe 4-5 hour spans which I will happily take considering in the beginning she hated the nights. She would be up most of the night and didn't want to do anything but cry. The only time she wasn't crying was when she was eating and I'm sorry but you can't sit on my boob alllllll night long! Momma needs to sleep! Oh and that "advice" about sleeping when the baby sleeps is CRAP! I will never tell anyone that ever again and those that share that advice with me I will laugh in their face! When the baby is sleeping, mommy needs to eat, shower, go to the bathroom, do laundry, do the dishes, clean the house, take care of the dog, go to the grocery store and the list goes on and on and on!!! Soooo please stop telling new moms to sleep when the baby sleeps....that's not a thing!

We just put a new door to the side of our house leading out to the backyard. We are planning to make a nice little patio out there. The only thing that I have an issue with are the bugs and mosquito's. For some reason they love me and they never touch Eric. I will freak out if Emily get's a mosquito bite. Maybe next year she'll get to enjoy the patio. I need to fog it or figure out a better solution to keep them away. I would love to have a screened in porch but that's not in the budget at this time.

Everyday I still think about how crazy it is that I pushed a baby out of my who-ha! You think that you'll do it someday, then the next thing you know you're being induced and pushing out a 6lb-er!

I didn't think it was possible but I have fallen more in love with Eric since Emily was more. Seeing him be a great dad just fills my heart with so much joy! He loves that little girl so much and he is sooo helpful with her! I think Moose is starting to love her more too. He has started to laydown next to her when she's in the rocker. It's like he's always got and eye on her, which is sooo sweet!

Life in Southwest Michigan is good! The weather is awesome!! Cooler at night and warmer during the day. I love being able to open the windows for a cool breeze! Yes I'm excitd for fall activities, apple picking(already have a weekend planned for the family to come check this one off the list!), making apple pies(will probably be checking this off the list the same weekend), picking out the perfect pumpkin, decorating the house in fall and Halloween (this is half done), finding mums for the front steps, and watching Casper, Hocus Pocus and some scary movie that I'll probably have nightmares about for a week or two! I'm also excited for Emily's first Halloween. We're either going to be pee keepers and she'll be a bee or we'll be fisherman and she'll be our little catch of the day! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays I can't wait to share my love for it with my daughter!

That's all for not but I'll hopefully be posting more about what's happening in my life, becoming a new mom and figuring that out! Have a great weekend!




2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! You sound so happy! I'm so happy you're adjusting to all the changes so gracefully (although it probably doesn't seem super graceful to you!). Fall is the BEST time of year...can't wait to see pics of the Halloween costumes you guys decide on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! You sound so happy! I'm so happy you're adjusting to all the changes so gracefully (although it probably doesn't seem super graceful to you!). Fall is the BEST time of year...can't wait to see pics of the Halloween costumes you guys decide on!

    ReplyDelete