Wednesday, June 8, 2016

What's Hap-"Pinning" Wednesday

Linking up with Jenn to share what's hap-"pinning" with me this week!
 
It's only Wednesday and I feel like we have accomplished sooo much this week! :)
 
Yesterday on my lunch hour I browsed through our local Goodwill store to see if there was anything that would catch my eye. Usually they have great Target brand stuff unopened or awesome little finds. This trip I was specifically looking for a rug and instead found two other gems! I sent the picture on the left to my husband as a joke saying his and hers rockers but then realized only one of them rocked. I also found a lamp that had a table attached to it. They both got my mind racing of how we could refinish them for the nursery.  Unfortunately I did not get a good before picture of the lamp but you can sorta see it looming behind the chairs.
 When I got home to unload the two gems to my surprise Eric got to work on them right away which is why I don't have a good before picture of the lamp. I thought it would take a few weeks to get it sanded and stripped of the old varnish and what not. NOPE! Eric gave them both a quick sand over and primed them and a coat of paint! (Don't mind my extremely messy garage!)
 He put a clear finish coat already on the lamp but he still needs to put one more coat on the chair then a finishing coat. But other then that the rocker is ready for cushions! Now I have to find a cute fabric to reupholster the cushions to go along with her nursery! $26 for the pair at Goodwill and $30 in paint material so far. Not bad for a Tuesday run to Goodwill!
 
Here's a sneak peak into her nursery
 
Also we are 31 weeks 5 days today! I found this pic of my mom pregnant with me so I thought it would be funny to do a side by side. I'm not sure how far along she was but lets just say we grow them big in our family!
Happy Wednesday!
 
 

 

 



 
 

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I now want to hit up our local Goodwill! Thanks for linking up today! Xo

    ReplyDelete