Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekend Review - Chicago!

Good Morning all of you beautiful people! I hope that you are starting to feel the holiday cheer as much as I am! For the past few years my girlfriends and I have planned a girls trip to Chicago to visit one of our friends the first weekend of December. All the holiday decorations are up and everyone is in the Christmas spirit! We had an amazing time and I can't wait for our next trip which will be to VEGAS!

Friday. My two girlfriends from the east side picked me up around 7:30. I understand that my address is not recognized by Google maps but man it was like leading the blind to the blind trying to get them to my house! After they finally made it to me we headed out, Chicago or BUST! We made it to Julie's around 9:30 Michigan time, 8:30 Chicago time. We had appetizers and drinks and stayed up till 2AM watching YouTube videos of every song we knew from 1992-1999(All Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Destiny's Child, B*Witched, Brandy, Britney, TLC, SClub7,3LW, Five, LFO, Will Smith, to name a few). We sang and reminisced about all the good times we had! YouTube is an amazing tool for girls night!
Saturday. We got up and made a delicious breakfast. We headed out on the train into the city. We go to this Chriskindlemarket every time we visit. It's a German market with trinkets and home made items. It has a beer and wine tent that we frequently visit and we just enjoy the city. It's always packed full of people and it's crazy hard to move around!
After we went to a cool restaurant called Latinicity. It's like a cafeteria where you can go to different places to get food but it's all authentic Latin foods. We downed a ton of guacamole! Of course we had to stop by Macy's and see their store front!
They have a beautiful Christmas tree inside. Also I took a sweet panoramic photo front the top to the bottom of Macy's.
Their ceiling is amazing and I'm in aw every time I see it. I'm an architecture nerd sorry!
After that we decided to hit a few more stores, then we headed back to freshen up for dinner.
We had dinner at this awesome little tapas place called CafĂ© Ba-Ba-Reeba's. I tried a few things I wouldn't normally try thanks to the girls! After that we went to a bar called Fairways to watch Michigan State beat Iowa. I understand that everyone thinks we're lucky and shouldn't be going to the playoff's, however I think if we have a string of luck, we should ride it as long as we can!  My cousin Cristina met us at the bar. I was so excited to get to see her and hang out! We hardly get to see each other, maybe once a year if we are luck! All in all it was a great day and I am so blessed to have these amazing people in my life!
Sunday. We got up and grabbed some delicious bagels from Brobagels and then searched high and low for Kaja's wedding ring for about 30 minutes! ahhaah It's happened to all of us! Eric tiled a room that hasn't had a real floor in 2 years! It's just been concrete so he finally tiled it! I'll show pictures later. Then Moose got  mani-pedi while we watched How The Grinch Stole Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment