Wednesday, November 4, 2015

How To Make An Envelope

Hello!

I have come across this dilemma one too many times. I’ll get invitations printed from Walgreens but they don't come with envelopes. Finding 4x6 envelopes on their own with no cards can either be expensive or impossible. I decided to make my own since I couldn't find any! I used this WikiHow to learn how to make the envelopes but I thought I would pass along this amazing new skill that I will use forever!
Step 1 You will need an 8.5x 11 sheet of paper. I decided to print a pattern on my paper so that the outside was more festive.
Step 2 Fold the corners into the middle so that they meet in the center of the paper. Some may find it easier to fold the paper in half like a hotdog my 2nd grade teacher would say, so you can find the middle of the paper. Then fold the corners onto that line. Be careful not to press to hard if you fold it in half because it will create a line down the middle of your envelope.
Step 3 Place your invitation or photo so that both corners are touching each side of the top triangle.  If you place the invitation on the very top of the triangle and start to slide it down toward the bottom of the paper there will be a point where both edges of your invitation or photo are touching the edge of your triangle. Place the invitation there and leave it.
Step 4 Fold the excess on the side of the invitation or photo in so that they are snug around the invitation.
Step 5 Fold the excess on the bottom up over your invitation.
Step 6. Fold the triangle flap down over the remaining part of your envelope. Vua-LAH! You’ve made an envelope.


Now I need to figure out how to make a 5x7 but this works great for my 4x6’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment