Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Labor Day Weekend Recap

Friday. I was able to take a half day off work and the Labor Day festivities began! We went out on the boat for a few hours. We fished for most of it. We ended up coming in around 6 so that we could get ready for the MSU football game at 7PM.
I decided to have a Nacho Bar and it was so delicious! We had way to much food but everyone’s tummies were full! I also tried to get in the MSU spirit with my serving platters I never get to use! I tried to make little football cookies but hey at least I tried! MSU ended up winning 37-24 against Western! Rob the birthday boy got some cupcakes and we made him make a wish! The Moose and Buck had fun playing all night too!

Saturday. The boys got up and went fishing again in the AM but the girls slept in! It felt wonderful! Plus it was raining and cold so not a perfect morning to be out on the boat. We met up with our friends parents to have lunch waiting for the rain to stop. It eventually did so we all went back out on the boat to fish one last time before we take the boat out of the water. We caught a few which is always nice….my fridge is still full of fish that only Eric eats! We were able to see a gorgeous sunset on the lake. This is one of the major perks of living on the water! J
Sunday. The boys went to a drag car race with my father in law. They had a blast! I decided to exercise a little bit at the mall. It’s good cardio! J I bought 3 new blouses, a new fall maroon dress, earrings, a necklace and two new candles.
 
Monday. It was a bumming around the house type of day. We slept until 8 that morning which is wonderful and Eric made waffles! Eric worked on the basement a little more. I did some laundry and organizing. I ended up getting thrown into this marathon on National Geographic Channel on a show called 90s: The Last Great Decade? After that was done The 2000s: A New Reality came on so I had to watch that! I was taking down my summer decorations and putting up my fall ones while watching them. It was nice that it was just Eric and I hanging out all day. We never get to do that so I cherish it when we can! J
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great weekend! Yum to your nacho bar and your cookies are adorable! Beautiful sunset pics. New fall candles are on my wish list for upcoming shopping trips too!

    ReplyDelete