Friday, September 11, 2015

9/11

I still can’t believe what happened that day. I was in 7th grade social studies class when the teacher next door came in our classroom crying saying terrorist are attacking and something about a plane hitting the World Trade Center. At the time I didn't know what the WTC was but that teachers son worked in New York so she was desperately trying to get a hold of him while our teacher watched both classes. My teacher turned on the TV in our class room and we watched the terror of the 2nd plane hitting the 2nd tower. They put our school on lockdown so we didn't switch to our next class right away. It almost felt like we were watching a movie but it was live television.  Every September 11th since I have watched any and all news, biography, memorial that they show on TV. Eric doesn’t like watching it because it stresses him out but I can’t get enough information on it. Almost every time those shows bring me to tears because those are real Americans with families and lives that were lost that day. They were just going to work on a normal day whether it was those who worked in the towers, the firefighters going up to save others, EMT’s, police officers, etc. Someday I hope to make it to the memorial to pay my respects. I already know that I will burst out crying when I see it. I think they made the memorial beautifully and it honors those lost in a respectful way. I will never forget September 11, 2001.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment