Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Weekend Recap

Thursday. Since Eric was going up north to his deer camp, I drove to my parents house to spend the weekend with them. After dinner with my folks I drove to my Aunt’s house where I anticipated picking out fabric for a quilt I wanted to make but instead we just started making the quilt! We finished the front/quilted part. She had to sew the back on, add the padding then actually quilt it but I was amazed how much we got done! I picked it up on Saturday and all I have to do it finish the edges!

Also my Aunt gave me an American Flag that she quilted a while ago but never had anywhere to put it. I snatched that up and put it up the second I got home! :)
 
Friday. I got up and did a little shopping! I got a lot of decorations at the salvation army then I dropped into TJ’s and ended up spending more than I needed to! I spent the rest of the day working from home….when I say working from home I mean working pool side. I had dinner with my mom, visited the ATT store where they messed a few things up before they finally got her phone working. My mother now has an iPhone! After that I got to hang with two of my girlfriends from high school. So thankful that I have them in my life! I’m glad that we can be apart for months at a time but when we see each other it’s as if no time has past at all.
Saturday. My mom and I got up early to go snag some bagels from an amazing bagel shop on Woodward. Salt Sticks are an amazing invention and they should be made worldwide. Unfortunately they aren’t so I need to get them when I can. We picked up some extras and took them over to my friends house who said she had a huge give away pile that I might be interested in. I left with a few pairs of shoes and some potential dresses. I’m thankful that we can all share clothes together! My other friend got in there and took most of the good stuff but I think I still made out well! Then my mom, sister and I hit the stores and we hit them hard! Since I had gotten so much the day before I decided it would be all about them this time. We got my sister a ton of stuff for her kids rooms and we bought stuff for my mom’s living room. It’s starting to look more like their style! However my Dad keeps bringing in black accents and beach stuff…they don't even live by the beach! I told my mom to tell my dad to STOP BRINGING THAT JUNK IN HERE! And putting black accents or painting everything black does not make it modern!!! After the shopping trip we headed to my sister’s house so I could get my dose of kids! I love those kids so much its crazy! After the kids went to bed my sister and watched Playing House. Its such a funny show!!
Sunday. My mom and I had to return something we bought the day before and we ended up getting her some new lamps and a few throw blanket. It’s amazing how pillows, blankets and lamps can completely transform a room! We got her a new clock too but the jury is still out on that one. Its shabby chic, meets vintage meets mirrors…hahaha I don’t know how else to describe it!
Monday. I decided to be a little adventurous with my meal. I made Lettuce Wraps from Damn Delicious! I want to say how much I love this girls recipes. I have probably found 10+ recipes that are so easy and delicious!!!! Eric gave it a two thumbs up!! I only had to pick up a few of the ingredients at the store and they were all so cheap! I even made the ground chicken in the food processor which I had to wipe the dust off the box before I used it because I NEVER use it! Maybe I will start to us it more now!
I had an amazing weekend and Moose and I were both excited to see Eric when we got home. When you live with someone, sometimes it’s nice to get away for a little bit only to realize how much you love and miss them when you are away.  Sorry about the pictures or lack thereof. I completely failed at taking pictures this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment