Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Anniversary Gift Ideas

In 13 days Eric and I will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary  and I need to figure out a gift for him! We never get to travel in the summer because we have so many visitors. Now that the summer is starting to wind down I was thinking of planning a little trip somewhere. Here are my ideas.
A Chicago Cubs Game. We have talked about going to a Cubs game forever! Why we have never planned it I’m not sure. This would be a great opportunity for us to make a little trip to Chicago, watch some baseball and explore the big city! It’s only 2 hours away and we got get a hotel for a night. We would be able to go to a game in August.
Michigan State Football Game. We love going to MSU to tailgate and be a part of the crowd. Every fall we would tailgate with Eric’s family and we even bought season tickets one year. Once we got married, we started working on our house and spending the weekends lounging instead of trekking two hours east to watch the game at a bar. I think it would be fun to make a weekend out of it and go to a game. We wouldn’t go to a game until September or October.
Fly Fishing Trip. I found a guide up in Manistee that will take you fly fishing for a day. I know Eric loves to go salmon fishing but I hate fishing on the big boat for salmon but I might like fishing in a river/creek for them. This won’t take place until October if we go.
 
I’m not sure which one I’ll do yet. I might get his input and see which he wants to do most (I bet it's the fishing one!) They all cost about the same amount so it’s really a tossup. He really doesn't need stuff so I think a trip or adventure would be a better gift. If you have any ideas around the Midwest let me know!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment