Tuesday, August 18, 2015

3rd Wedding Anniversary

Today my husband and I have been happily married for 3 years. It feels like we just met 3 days ago on our first day of school. I remember exactly what he was wearing, a backwards pinstriped Detroit Tigers hat, tinted sunglasses… I kid you not he thought they were cool…a ¼ zip down Ralf Lauren cream sweater, jeans and Timberland Work boots.
I remember the first day we were both running a little late….nothing has changed there….so we both sat in the back of the class. I dropped my pencil and he picked it up for me. A few weeks later he looked me up on Facebook after learning my name from the sign in sheet (I wore sweatshirts with my last name on the back and there were only two girls in the class so it wasn't too difficult). We had a few other conversations but it wasn't until the final project that we legit spent time together. We worked on a project at another classmates house. When we left we made plans to go bowling over Christmas break (if it didn't turn out well I didn't want to have to go back and see him in class the next week so I waited till the class was over). We took both of our roommates along incase the other was on America’s Most Wanted list. We went bowling and had a blast. Over break he kept calling me and we just kept seeing each other from then on. We have been together for 9 years and married for 3 of them. We must be doing something right because we are still madly in love!


My best marriage advice is this.
-It's OK to go to sleep mad. I would rather sleep on it and talk calmly about it tomorrow, than to say something silly that I’ll regret now.
-It’s not always 50-50. Sometimes its 80-20. You have to compromise (my mother in law told me this).
-Being honest with your spouse is the best thing you can do for a marriage. Secrets only make things worse.
 

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that over that same Christmas break, you took him to meet your very best friends at home and WE LOVED HIM! :)

    ReplyDelete