Monday, July 27, 2015

Weekend Recap; Shania Twain!

Good Morning! Our weekend was jammed packed full of friends and family and a ton of fun.

Friday. We had dinner with friends at Bullfrogs. We sat outside and it was so nice out. Once the sun went down the mosquito’s came out to eat their dinner. We were pretty bit up but our tummies were full and we played a lot of pull tabs. We went home and cuddled with her puppies then went to sleep because we had a big day ahead of us.
Saturday. The boys got up early and went golfing while Chels and I got up and bummed around for a while. We finally made it out of the house around 11, we got Panera Bagels then headed to my parents. My Aunt and Uncle were there with my cousin and his family. We had a good old fashion bbq pool side. The weather was amazing. It was 80 and sunny! Moose even took a few dips in the pool. He also managed to pop 3 beach balls! What a little booger! We snacked, drank and layer in the sun all day. Around 6 we started getting ready for THE SHANIA TWAIN CONCERT! Eric and I had a blast! Eric didn't know how excited he was until he got there! Gavin DeGraw opened her for which was cool. He walked around the audience so he was like 2 feet from me! Then Shania came on. It was magical! She sounded amazing and Eric and I sang along so almost EVERY song! I definitely cried during From This Moment! I love that song so much. I feel its about finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. If you listen to the lyrics they are magical and so meaningful and I told Eric that sometimes I get tear eyed listening to it in the car so odds were that when Shania sang it live…..I was most definitely going to tear up! But they were happy tears because I love that song so much! Haha I know im a nerd! I also took a video of every song she sang. As soon as I can figure out how to upload them from my phone I will try to post them! The one of 'From This Moment' is pretty shake because ....I was crying the whole time....don't judge me.
 
She wore some crazy outfits and yes she’s blonde but the music was the same and she’s the same sweet Canadian she’s always been! We had so much fun! I would go to her concert again!
 
Oh ya and she went around the growd too and we were HELLA close to her! OMG it was amazing!
Sunday. We went to brunch with my parents and our friends we were staying with. I was nervous to take my parents there because it’s more of an hip place with alternative type things on the menu. When I say alternative I mean they have normal stuff but they always put a spin on the food that you would never expect. I had a ‘Mosh Pit’ for breakfast. It was like an omelet but it had sweet peppers, cherry Michigan sausage, parmesan cheese and a few other items but I would never think to put parmesan on my omelet but it was extremely good! So we had a great morning! We took off and headed to Eric’s Dad’s house. We hung out with the family at their pool for a bit. After that we headed home. We made a stop at Cabela’s because we need a new tent. Eric has had the same tent for the past 20 years. The zipper finally broke on it so now its onto buying a new one.  Yes I could have put a new zipper in this one and called it a day, but I think it’s too small and I think the bottom always gets wet so I want a new one! We couldn't find any that we agreed on at Cabela’s and I knew that Target had some so made a stop there too! We ended up buying a Coleman Dome Insta-Tent 6 person. It’s WAY bigger than our old tent and you can put it up in like 3 minutes because you don’t ever take the poles apart. I don’t mind putting a tent up I think it’s fun but this tent, you literally take it out of the bag and basically stand it up! Ahhah We wanted to look for a trailer hitch rack for my Jeep so we went to Menards. I have wanted one for a while because with our dog, its nice to have a little extra storage. I wanted to mount a storage bin on the top of our Jeep but Eric say no, so I compromised! I have been hinting to Eric’s Mom that we wanted one for a while so now I’m going to have to give her some other ideas! At Menards we ended up buying two sleeping bags because I’m over being freezing cold with regular blankets, even when I bring warmer ones I’m always freezing so we bought these two sleeping bags and we can zip them together to make a double. Yes we already put the tent up in the backyard and yes we already zipped the sleeping bags together to try them out! They are cozy and warm! So now I’m probably going to sweat to death in them! Anyways we had an amazing weekend and we got some great new toys to take camping!  

I hope you had an amazing weekend also! Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. The concert sounds fun. I've always liked Shania Twain's music, and I really enjoyed that docu-series she did on OWN a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that she had a Vegas show and they showed it live on ABC back in February. She is phenomenal live! Thanks for the comment!!

      Delete
  2. ahhh - looked awesome!! I'm going to try and see her when she comes to Calgary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure this concert was amazing - looks like a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome concert! I would love to get to see her one day!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She still has a few dates coming up, most are in Canada though. It's so worth it to go see her!

      Delete
  5. I was at that concert too! Wasn't she just amazing?! She seemed so sweet and humble up there. And, girl, you were not the only one crying during that song-I felt so silly when my husband looked over and saw! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH I'm so glad I wasn't the only one crying! Yes she was amazing! I'm so glad that all the songs sounded exactly like they used to! I can't believe she still gets stage fright! I hope you guys had as amazing of a time as we did!!

      Delete