Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July Weekend Recap

Good Morning! I had the most amazing week ever! I was able to take Wednesday and Thursday off work to stay with my sister while her husband was out of town. We were able to celebrate her birthday with a day of shopping! Wednesday we dropped the kids off at Grandma’s house and off we went to Somerset. Somerset is one of my all time favorite malls because I grew up going to that mall. I love the smell, I love the look and I love the shops! I bought my first piece of Lilly Pulitzer on this shopping trip! I am so excited to wear my new shorts!!
I also bought some new perfume. I’m still getting used to it but I love it so far. Body by Victoria Secret and it was buy 1 get 1 free so I bought the same scent for my sister and I think she likes it too. I also got cute new jewelry from Forever Love and I got some new soaps for my kitchen and bathroom. I thought Somerset was a complete success! After that we picked up the kids and had nap time. We met Mom for dinner at Rojo (cute Mexican place in Downtown Rochester), then went out for fro-yo!
After we put the kids to bed we watched a few episodes of Parenthood. I’m now on the 5th season and I’m not sure when the 6th season will be out on Netflix but I won’t be able to wait that long. I will probably have to research if I can rent it or something! Thursday I drove home to meet my new niece and GOD DAUGHTER! Yup, Eric and I are her God Parents! ☺ Miss Kenley is so precious and TINY!
Friday was a lazy day. My sister in law and my niece and nephew went to the park while the boys went golfing. We people watched, Kayden and I did the monkey bars and swings. Then we walked down to the beach or I should call it the sea of people! It was so crowded! We treated ourselves to some fro-yo because we walked a few miles to get it and then a few miles back to our car! We had a yummy dinner with the fam before going over to a friend’s house to watch the city fireworks. We love sparklers!
Saturday morning we all got up really early to go fishing. Little did we know it would be the most epic day of fishing! It started off slow. We landed two in the boat pretty early. When 10AM rolled around it happened. ZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZ the line took off! We had a massive fish on! It took Adam about 15 minutes to reel it in and he was tired afterwards! It was a group effort I feel, Eric hooked it, Gary helped Adam with the holding the rod, Adam reeled it, Christine video tapped it, Chelsea drove the boat and I cheered Adam on from the sideline.
This was the biggest fish we have ever caught!! It weighted 22.89lb’s and it was massive! It’s a salmon and it was yummy (according to the people that ate it…I don't eat the fish but others  enjoy it!). Obviously we were all pretty pumped up after that! The girls and I laid out on the front of the boat and the guys continued to fish. I was a gorgeous 4th of July on Lake Michigan. We stayed out till around 3PM then came home to pack up our camping gear. We decided to camp out for one night which was a bit of a hassle but it was still a fun time!
We went for a boat ride, we roasted hot dogs and s’mores. We made pizzas, fish and burgers over the fire and we set off a few fireworks. Of course we did sparklers too! We had so much fun I can’t wait to do it again!
Sunday we went out to breakfast with the family before went to the WhiteCaps game. It’s the Grand Rapids minor league team. We had amazing seats. We were sitting in premier seats where you had comfy chairs, a table and a waitress to bring you all the yummy treats you want!  We definitely over indulged at the game! The Dippin Dots were not photographed because they were eaten too quickly! But they were yummy!
Corey and Alison left before I could snag a group picture so this is only ¾ of the group. But we had a blast!
Hope everyone had an amazing week/weekend!!!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a great weekend full of fun & family time! Have a great week!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes our weekend was jam packed with fun! Have a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! sounds like you picked up some fun things from the mall!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, shopping is a passion of mine, especially when you get new unexpected things like Lilly!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your first Lilly - you'll love it!! We love sparklers too - they are always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4th of July brings out the little kid in me oohing and ahhhing at the fireworks and sparklers! I can't wait to wear my new Lilly and I can't wait to add more to my collection (haha collection of 1 piece!)!

      Delete