· Tent-obviously you need shelter at night
· Sleeping bags-so you can be cozy
· Blue tooth speaker-so you can have some sweet music playing in the background. Last time we
· Cast iron frying pan-we book all of our meals in this cast iron pan. It always
· Cooler full of adult beverages and food-because who goes camping without adult beverages or food?
· Paper plates and cutlery-don’t bother washing unnecessary dishes. Wash the cooking stuff and throw the rest in the fire.
· Bug spray-because there are thousands of bugs that you want you for dinner!
· Sunscreen-because we’re getting old and sun spots are not cute
· Flash light-unless you have night vision built into your eyes….bring a flashlight because your phone battery will die is you rely on that flashlight.
· Fishing pole-We catch blue gill and bass for dinner on our camping trips…I don’t eat fish so the girls eat hot dogs! J
· Camping chairs-Eric brought our mac daddy no gravity chair for him and a little crap chair for me last time….needless to say he will never live that down! Make sure you have appropriate chairs for those going!
· Lighter-because we aren’t cave men starting fires from rubbing sticks together. You need a lighter or matches.
· Water shoes of some kind-better safe than sorry. You don't want to step on a muscle, rock or branch and split your foot open.
· S’more stuff-DUH!
· First aid kit-better safe than sorry! If you bring it you won’t need it. If you leave it you’ll need it!
· Double tubes with built in cooler (best things we ever bought!)-because tying them together is a pain!
· Pizza makers-pizza over the fire is amazing! You can also make pies and we were thinking of trying to make French toast in them this year!
Also I thought I would add some of my fav camping essential outfits. You want to make sure you are comfy at all times. I’m a big fan of jean shorts because they are perfect for getting a little dirty. I’m still working leggings into my wardrobe but camping they are a great night essential because you don't get too hot or too cool in them. Having a few hoodies on hand is key and having a comfy pair of shorts are also a must. Sunglasses and comfy shoes should also be in your bag. Don’t forget your bathing suit!