Monday, June 8, 2015

Picnic Dinner Date


So I have been saying I want to take advantage of our town more!  I’ve lived here for 3 years now and I feel I can no longer use the excuse ‘well, I’m still new to town’. Last Thursday I decided that we should take advantage of the different locations around town. #1 being the beach. I decided to pack a cute little cooler full of food then off to the beach we went. Last Christmas I got a Vera Bradley cooler and outdoor blanket from my mother in law. I have used the cooler a few times but not the blanket, so I was extremely excited to bust that out! We played a mellow playlist on my phone and just enjoyed the calm fresh air. It was around 68 degrees so it wasn’t too hot or too cold. When we first sat down and I started arranging the blanket I noticed I had a tick on my thumb. I freaked out for about 5-7 minutes about it then my husband buried it far far away from me! There were only two other people at the beach we were at so it was quiet and your just listened to the waves on shore. We played Rummy, Egyptian Rat Screw and War with a deck of cards Eric’s grandma had made for him. That is my adorable husband’s Freshman year golf team photo on the back of all the cards. I couldn’t resist not using them! All in all I would say it was a fantastic night! Next time I told him I’m making PB&J’s and calling it a night!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great date night :)
    Renee C.
    seetheworldinpink.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Looks like you guys had a blast! We definitely want to get in a picnic this summer and are talking about maybe this weekend - such a fun little date!

    ReplyDelete