Thursday, May 28, 2015

HouseBoat Trip 2015


I am terribly sorry for my week long hiatus! We were on our house boat trip and it was amazing! This year it was very relaxing, very little drama and I could not have been more proud of the boys that went on our trip. Last year it was all about being competitive in Baggo and drinking every last beer and drop of liquor on the boat. This year it was the complete opposite! We had moments where the guys were off doing something and girls were off doing something else but each night we played a game together and no one got too out of hand. I could not have pictured a better vacation with 9 people! We got a jet ski, we floated around in the water, we relaxed and we had an amazing time! We played the Whisper Challenge that I spoke about on Friday and it was awesome! Everyone got a huge kick out of it!
I think that your 20s are hard because some people have grown up more and partying isn’t on their mind as much, and others still feel the need to take it to that next level of drinking and acting stupid. Don’t get me wrong, last Halloween I decided to get drunk and act stupid but it’s not an everyday or ever weekend occurrence. I believe that from this point going forward, my husband and I will always be at a different point in our lives than most of our friends.  We have been married for 3 years this August, some of our friends don’t even have a boyfriend or girlfriend. We want kids soon, some of our friends who have significant others don’t ever want kids. We go to bed around 10PM, some of our friends still want to stay up till 2AM. There is nothing wrong with having different wants and being at different stages in life, it’s just becoming really apparent now that we are all at different stages. Of course I have a few friends that are married and want kids soon but I just hope that once that type of a change happens the friends who are at different stages will still love and support us.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome week! So much fun!
    It's hard when you are different stages than your friends but everything will even out eventually!
    Renee C.
    seetheworldinpink.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Renee! Different stages hit people at different times so learning about to adapt and support each other is the best thing we can do!

      Delete
  2. I totally get what you mean here!! We are in the same stage as you are...and I might go to bed at 9pm sometimes :) happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete