Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Liebster Award, Yay!


Thank you Katie from Better Off Benedict for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Being new to the blog world, I think it’s important to support one another. I also think this is a great way to get to know new bloggers!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CZ1H7TnqPlA/VSHWP4J2-UI/AAAAAAAABNg/hjtLUx4I_YU/s1600/liebster%2Baward.gif
 
 
Katie gave me 10 questions to answer and I hope that my answers will help you get to know me a little bit better!
1.Which bloggers inspire you the most? 
Dixie Delights was the first blog I started following on a regular basis. She gave me a glimpse into being a southern belle stay at home mom with a large agenda. I loved seeing all the crafts she makes and I love her Lilly Pultzer meets Mickey Mouse style! More recently I have been enjoying Wonderfully Made, B Loved Boston, Katie Elizabeth, Better Off Benedict, and Life As The Mrs.
2. Why did you start your blog?
I started blogging because I was inspired by the blogs I read on a daily basis. I thought it was courageous of them to put their thoughts and lives out there for others to enjoy. I think blogging is more about the content and the substance verses Facebook and Instagram which are based off of the picture and small caption. Blogging is a way for people to share their exciting stories with others who support them. I also like that the blogging world is more positive and supportive then other forms of social media.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I love my small town in southwest Michigan, but if I could choose anywhere to live I would live in South Carolina. I think it’s a completely different world there. I think it’s the perfect temp all year round, the scenery is gorgeous and the people live life at a slower pace which allows them to enjoy each and every moment.
4. What is your favorite store?
This can’t be answered with just one store. I have quite a few favorites! T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods are at the top. Charming Charlie, Target and Hobby Lobby are my second round of favorites. My third round would include Aldo, Old Navy and New York and Company.
5. What are three things you never leave home without?
My phone, my wallet and my keys. I will touch each of these 3 items before I leave my house, a restaurant, or my car. I make sure I have these three things always securing in my purse. It might sound crazy but my mom always taught me that you don’t know you have something until you can put your hand on it and confirm that yes it is in your bag.
6. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
My husband and I still enjoy doing little DIY projects around the house. Soon we will be moving outside to vamp up our landscape or lack thereof.  However we just bought a new boat with another couple and we are excited to try it out on Lake Michigan! We are also renting a new boat dock this year so I am eager to see how it turns out. In the summer we never leave SH because we have a constant stream of visitors.
7. Who is your hero?
My hero is my sister. She is a stay at home mom with two crazy little ones, she teaches summer school because she has a passion for teaching and she has a photography business because she has an amazing eye for a photo.  She wears many hats and she wears them well. She is calm, cool and collected about everything. I aspire to be a strong woman like her someday.
8. What was your dream job when you were a child?
I wanted to be an artist. I wanted to make things for others to love and be inspired by. I took several art classes in high school. I always thought I could teach art if I couldn’t make a living off of it.
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I have a lot of driving pet peeve’s. I hate when people make up their own rules on the roads. I feel that when driving its one of the most dangerous things we can do as adults yet some people treat it as no big deal. I can’t stand when people text and drive!
10. What is your favorite food?
Panda Express(orange chicken with cabbage noodles) and Mongolian Barbeque(chicken and veggie stir fry) are my two favorite places to eat. Luckily I don’t have either close to me or I would be obese!
I nominate these bloggers:
Katie Elizabeth
 
Everyone should check out their blogs!

Here are 10 questions for all of you:
  1. On your blog, what is your favorite post you have ever written?
  2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
  3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  4. What television shows are you currently watching?
  5. What are 5 of your favorite apps on your phone?
  6. If you could take the day off and do anything what would it be?
  7. What is the best joke you’ve ever heard?
  8. If you could interview anyone (dead or alive) who would you interview and why?
  9. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
  10. What is your favorite meal to cook?

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much, Julie! I'm honored and can't wait to tackle these questions. Kudos to supporting new bloggers, and I can't wait to get to know you and the other women nominated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele! I can't wait to read your answers! Keep up the great blogging!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nom Julie! I appreciate it! I did the Liebster award a little while ago, so I'm not going to do a whole new post (sorry, I don't mean it in a rude way at all - I am very appreciative of the nomination) and if I have the time soon I will write a new post for it!
    I love your reasons for starting blogging!!
    You have my follow! :) And if you are interested here is my Liebster post:
    http://seetheworldinpink.blogspot.ca/2014/08/liebster-award-my-nominees.html

    Renee C.
    seetheworldinpink.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I tried to search everyone's blog for the award before I nominated them. Thanks for posting you Liebster Award, I love your answers! I love the movie '10 Things I hate About You' too!!!! My favorite part is when he's singing to her in the stadium!!

      Delete
    2. I just had to enter into this convo! 10 Thing I Hate About You was filmed at my highschool! When we were in high school someone wanted to redo the scene where he sings to her in the stadium as a proposal and the whole marching band played the song while he sang. How cool is that?

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. oooh my gosh! That is amazing! That school is beautiful! You are incredibly luck to have gone there!!!

      Delete
  3. Boating on Lake Michigan sounds A-mazing!! I bet you guys will definitely enjoy your summer! Thanks for the nomination, I'm so excited and I will be posting mine in the next few days. I was nominated a few months ago but I think it will be fun to do again, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lake Michigan is amazing in the summer! I can't wait for the weather to warm up! You don't have to repost it if you don't want to, but if you do I would love to read your answers!

      Delete
  4. Awe this is just so fun! Yay I love your post! I'm totally with you on the whole blogging vs facebook/instagram thing!

    ReplyDelete