Friday, February 13, 2015

Disney Crafts


The Last time we went to Disney I decided that I would make a few of  my outfits. I saw these Disney Shoes on a Dixie Delights blog and I knew I had to make them. I was not about to spend $50 on tom’s and then paint over top of them, so I went to the local Wal-Mart to see what I could find. I found these Faded Glory shoes for $10 and I bought white and black paint for $2. I printed out a stencil and penciled the Mickey head shape onto the shoe. Then I stenciled on the Minnie bow and Mickey hands. I used a black Sharpie to outline the image. Then I used the paint to colored it in.  I must say these were the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn to Disney. They had a thick sole which helped support my feet.


I couldn’t just stop there. I am an Aunt to 6 kids and I love to spoil them. I decided to make shoes for a few that were going on the trip with us. I choose black because I didn’t want them to get dirty while the kids were wearing them through the parks. I tried to make each one different so it would match their personality. I decided to put their names on the back instead of an image because I thought it would stand out more. The kids loved them and wore them the whole trip! The kids shoes cost $5-8 each and I already had the paint supplies from my shoes.



 

I am a big fan of a monogrammed anything! I found t-shirt transfer paper at the store and decided I would make a shirt to wear. I sell this t-shirt decal on my Etsy shop, along with other awesome decals.



 

Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment