Friday, May 9, 2014

Mothers Day Gift

Mother's day is right around the corner. Now that my sister has two children each mothers day gets more and more challenging because she can give our Mom anything with her kids face on it and its amazing. I know my mom would love a coffee mug or calendar filled with my dogs face just as much as I would except I don't think it's going to mean quiet as much to her as it would me...hint hint husband!


Sometimes our Dad will chime in with an idea that he would like to give her. This year he said he saw some project on Property Brothers of all the kids putting their hand prints in a frame and then putting them on the wall. There are 6 adults, 2 kids and a dog, I don't think that the idea of our hand prints in a frame is going to be an appropriate gift. However I remember being something called a thumb-print family tree. I have also seen this be done as peoples guest books for weddings and other events. So I thought this would cut down on the size of 8 peoples hand prints and just take their finger print. This way we can always add if more grand kids comes along. I looked at quiet a few trees because if you don't have a large family you don't want to find a large tree. It will look like a very bare tree if you do. I sent this to my sister early to start getting her kids finger prints first because I know this could be a difficult task. I also sent her a 2nd image of the tree with finger print placements.


To all you mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment