Friday, May 9, 2014

I Saw the Sign (and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign)

We have officially moved into our new home and I could not be more excited about it. I know that we still have a long ways to go but it feels very cozy and grown up. It feels like a mansion after our 789 square foot house we were in! Even though I'll have to clean more and do more work, it's worth it. 


We practically replaced every surface in the house either with paint, drywall, tile, stain, or laminate. Needless to say I didn't want to start putting a bunch of nail holes in the walls right away. Shockingly the first thing I was willing to put up were my husbands deer heads in our blue room. I will post pictures of the house as soon as I take them! I'm slacking a bit on that.


In our kitchen/dining room we have a pretty large wall area that felt so empty I had to put something up. Then I came up with an idea that I thought would be perfect for the location. My family says this prayer before we eat each meal. My husband and I are a bit less formal and don't say it but I thought if its written on the wall next to where we eat, it's just as good as saying it right?


The husband took a few walnut planks of wood and patched them together. The morning that my family was set to arrive for my first official holiday hosting gig (Easter), I decided I would sit down and paint a little prayer. I wish that I had taken a little more time to make the letters perfect but I think if you can read it that's good enough for me. Things that you hang in your house should be a reflection of you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment