Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cooking While Moving

So I thought I would throw in some yummy recipes along the way. Since every blog I have read about moving tells you to stop grocery shopping at least 2 weeks before your move, I needed to get creative with our menu. This recipe comes from my childhood camping trips with our family. It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized that I could make it at home and not just over a fire. But I must say, over the fire is the best!



Grilled Cheese Pizza
-2 slices of bread
-1/4 cup of pizza sauce
-1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
- a few pepperonis, or whatever pizza topping you enjoy
-1 table spoon or so of butter

1.) Take your two pieces of bread and spread the butter on one side of each piece. Make sure you cover the whole side with butter, this is where the 1 table spoon or so accuracy of mine comes in.
2.) Place the butter side down and the clean side of the bread up. Take your pizza sauce and spread that on the clean side of the bread. Depending on how much sauce you like, you can go more or less than the 1/4 cup.
3.) Scatter the mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce on only one piece of bread. When you have to put the two pieces back together this will make it easier to combine them. You can use parmesan, mozzarella, gouda or whatever you favorite pizza cheese is.
4.) Add the pepperonis however many you like. You can also add whatever pizza topping you like. My husband loves to put banana peppers on his.
5.) Now put the two pieces of bread together with the butter side facing out.
6.) Turn on your skillet to medium high. Once you feel it is warm enough, put your Grilled Cheese Pizza on the skillet and let it ride. I like to check mine every once and a while because I'm not a fan of burnt toast!

Once you have pan seared both sides of your Grilled Cheese Pizza its time to enjoy! This is great simple and cheap family dinner with items you already have in your pantry.



No comments:

Post a Comment